mardi 3 février 2015

Note 3 USB Mass Storage topic






Ladies and gents,

first post, I apologize if this has been covered in other threads/forums but I searched around and haven't found the right answer. So here's a little background:

I have an SM-N900 which I use for work and fun. I've been on stock A 4.4.2 and liked it a lot. Both the UI and the performance. I have now acquired a 64 gB microSD, which works great with windows on USB 3.0, but unfortunately I need USM (USB mass storage) functionality as I retired my previous device fulfilling this role. MTP is of NO use to me. And since this is a work phone I need it to be absolutely stable and reliable.

To the point of this post, I'll update this post after a discussion on how to achieve USM functionality on the SD card on the Note 3 (at least on the SM-N900) for others in the same predicament.

Things I have tried so far:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2297888 <-- SG USM Enabler by MohammadAG with some tweeking both on Kitkat and Lollipop
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1785243 <-- These scripts. Only on Kitkat
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...ernal-t1711009 <-- And these. Kitkat only as well.

Options at this point:
- Run a custom ROM: I've never gone this router before. As mentioned I need stability and maximum compatibility. I understand there a few ROMs out there that provide USM but I'm a little green on this front and I don't want to go about trying out different ones on a wild goose chase.
- Flash Lollipop and hope for the best: Pros and cons to this one. It is my understanding that Lollipop has brought back the possibility for apps to access SD storage. If that's true, I imagine it won't be long for some of you geniusis to script a solution to the problem. However, I really dislike the new UI. So much so that I've flashed back kitkat to try and find the solution under that OS.
- Give up. Keep stock kitkat which I really like and buy some old device that runs Gingerbread or Jellybean. <-- Not what I had in mind.

Please Note: I can run and edit some scripts but I have zero knowledge of custom loaders, linux, ext4, directories that start with a "" or a "." etc. So while I encourage a technical discussion if necessary, please bear in mind that some foreigners will be reading along so write in english too. ;)






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire