dimanche 8 février 2015

[Q] S3 died in Odin Mode, probably due to a virus. topic






I have had the International version of Galaxy S3, i9300 for last three years, recently I decided to try out other custom roms but later decided to get back on the stock due to Samsung specific apps like the note, music, video and the multitasking. Also the stability. After the first revert to stock rom I was experiencing wifi issues, which I first experienced on Cyanogenmod. I decided to do a clean wipe and to odin back to stock, but before that I decided to do some googling as I had spent quite a few hours, upgrading, installing and setting everything up like I was used to.

During this research I found an article and it had a pdf link to a file which apparently contained a method to unbrick any Galaxy device. Since I had a bricked Epic 4G lying around I decided to download it.

It had nothing but the usual jig and jtag instructions. Unfortunately it also had a virus.
I rebooted my phone into download mode as soon as I connected it to my pc the screen just turned off. I tried restarting and nothing happened. I tried charging and nothing happened. Not even the battery animation. I tried leaving it to charge and after 15 minutes it was so hot I burned my hand. I quickly pulled the cord and removed the battery. The battery was surprisingly not as heated up as the phone itself. Specially the screen.
Later when I couldn't think about anything or any reason for the phone to go off as soon as it was connected to the pc, I decided to look at the files that were installed/created that day and there was a file in the appdata folder in user directory on the C drive.
It was named "GTi9300 Manual service guide.pdf.exe" and when I checked the task manager it was running and had set itself to start on boot.

I was unable to find anything related to this on google so decided to let you guys know and also would like to know myself if this is possible and if anyone else has experienced something like this.






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire