dimanche 8 février 2015

CM 11 cripples Moto G, can't use ADB/fastboot to install CM 10 topic






I installed Cyanogen Mod (cm-11-20140504-SNAPSHOT-M6-falcon.zip) on my 1st generation Moto G using TWRP. When I boot into CM, I keep getting the message that "Unfortunately, the process com.android.systemui has stopped". Every time I banish that popup, I get a split second of usage before it pops up again. After some troubleshooting and web searching, I found that I have to revert to CM 10. The details are documented at androidforums.com/threads/windows-mtb-usb-device-driver-error-when-moto-g-running-twrp.901001 and forum.xda-developers.com/chef-central/android/windows-mtb-usb-device-driver-error-t3022946

I haven't searched for CM 10 yet, but I'm scouting out the process to push it to the device. I can't find a way to get ADB to see the device, even after enable USB debugging (http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/...all-it-android and android.stackexchange.com/questions/67249/how-to-enter-usb-debugging-mode-in-cyanogenmod). Given that I only have a split second after banishing each error message, that took forever, but I confirmed that USB debugging is enabled after rebooting.

The only alternative I know to ADB is fastboot. According to forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=702069, it is theoretically possible for fastboot to flash a ROM, but the zip file should contain a data.img and system.img. I checked the CM 11 zip file to see what I can expect from CM 10, and found no such img files.

Given that ADB and fastboot processes don't work for me (at least the the degree that I've explored them), what other options are there for flashing CM 10?

P.S. Does anyone know how to get exit (say) Settings or the browser and get back to the cyanogenmod start page? There is no home button, and web searching refers an icon with 3 bars on the top, which I don't have. I basically have to reboot.






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire