dimanche 8 février 2015

[Q] Nexus 6 not recognized by PC, with a twist! Help me, please!! topic






Hi everyone, have a problem with my brand-spankin-new N6, and it's driving me up the goddamn wall, hoping for some help.

Running Win7 64 bit. Never had issues of this sort before.
Got Nexus 6, rooted using Wug's kit. Everything went peachy.

Then I tried connecting it to my PC, and... no joy. The PC makes the usual "ba-donk" noise that indicates that a USB device has connected, and the little icon shows up in the taskbar with the green dot goin round and round... It grinds for a while, and then pukes out with "The device was not successfully installed" error. I tried different USB ports and different cables, same result. What's worse, this is happening on my laptop as well (also Win7, 64 bit).

Now here's the kicker... if I shut down the phone (power off) and then power it on while it is plugged in, it shows up in the Windows Explorer, and I can access and browse it (and Windows even says "device installed successfully"). But if I unplug it and then plug it back in, the above scenario plays out again, and I can't access my N6.

Under Device Manager, N6 shows up under "portable devices", sometimes as "Nexus 6" and sometimes as "MTP USB Device". Sometimes it looks normal, and sometimes it turns up with "this device could not start." If you think this is maddening, it's because it is.

I have tried:

- Shutting off USB Debug - no effect.
- Rebooted multiple times - no effect.
- Downloaded the latest google driver and the motorola device manager - no effect.
- Uninstalled driver while Nexus was plugged in (right-clicked, properties, uninstall driver). Re-plugged Nexus, Device manager shows "USB MTP Device", but device cannot start. Right-clicked on device, update driver -> drivers that I have on my PC -> USB MTP Device -> it grinds for a while, still cannot start the device (Code 10).
- Used USBDevView to blow away any Google drivers, and anything resembling Nexus 6, then replugging it and reinstalling it - no effect.
- Uninstalled Wug's kit, including the drivers - no effect.
Driver information shows that it's using Microsoft's USB drivers,

I don't know what else to do, and am quite beside myself. I've read multiple posts on the subject, some of them suggest "uninstalling the driver while the phone is unplugged" which is not really an option what with the phone not being listed in the device manager when it is unplugged! Also, my laptop didn't have Wug's kit on it in the first place and it's displaying the same symptoms.

Now of course in a pinch I could shut off my phone and reboot it every time I wanted to connect it to a PC., but that is patently stupid and definitely doesn't qualify for "working as intended" for a goddamn 0 brick!! I'm starting to suspect that rooting the phone somehow pooched it, because it was connecting fine prior to root. And Wug's kit has never given me issues! (I rooted my previous Nexus with it, now granted it was the original Galaxy Nexus from way back then).

I feel very stupid for having to ask this, but I really have never seen this kind of crap before. I mean, what can be simpler than connecting your phone to your PC, right? (ha-ha). Please be helpful and gentle, I really would like this resolved. At this point I'll follow any step-by-step instructions, even if they involve sacrificing chickens and doing the ol' rain dance. Thanks in advance.






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire