vendredi 30 janvier 2015

Nexus 5 and USB Audio Devices (Lollipop) topic






I was under the impression that Lollipop supported USB audio devices OS wide, but I haven't been able to get my two Schiit DACs (Modi and Fulla) to work in Google Play Music. I also have a pair of Audioengine A2+ speakers (USB connection) that do work. All three of the devices are detected by USB Audio Tester and are connected via a USB OTG adapter and powered USB hub.

I've reached out to Google and Schiit. So far, only Schiit has responded, but they only said that USB audio may not work with all Android devices and that they didn't have a Nexus 5 to test. I'll update if I get any response from Google.

I haven't been able to find much on the internet about USB audio in Android. Google has two pages (1, 2) on USB audio didn't lead me to anything to help solve the problem, so if anyone is aware of other pages on the topic, let me know. Additionally, the second one only seems to confirm that the Nexus 5 should work since both of the Schiit devices are USB Audio 2.0 compliant. I'm also aware some apps support USB audio, but I need to use Google Play Music since I could only store a fraction of my library locally.






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire